START TODAY ONLINE! Formerly known as 3-level certification. This course prepares the candidate with knowledge and competencies to take the Arizona state exam and have a career in Caregiving or related positions that require a caregiver certification. All testing done on-site. This is a self paced online blended learning, 44 hrs online + 15 hrs skills ON-THE-JOB training in person for a total of 62 hours. You can begin immediately; Once registered, a link will be emailed to you to take the entrance exam.
The Following are the requirements for becoming a Caregiver in Arizona:
- Be 18 years of age.
- Have a Valid State ID or Driver’s License, or other Government issued ID.
- Must pass an assessment test administered by Academy for Caregiving Excellence.
- Possess the inherent qualifications, skills, and knowledge required for an assisted living caregiver.
- Shall have valid fingerprint clearance cards that are issued pursuant to title 41, chapter 12, article 3.1 of the Arizona Revised Statutes. If no Fingerprint Clearance card is present, Candidate understands one must be obtained prior to employment as an Assisted Living Caregiver. Candidate certifies to the best of their knowledge that there is nothing on their criminal record that may potentially preclude them from obtaining a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Have a copy of a valid food-handler’s card or obtain one prior to class start date.