The Advanced Placement (AP) Program is Available for the experienced candidate, this accelerated program prepares an eligible care provider to take the Arizona Certified Nursing Assistant exam.
Candidate must have at least 1-year of Direct patient care experience within the last 5 years (proof required)
Included: Books, supplies, state exam.
Advanced Placement Program
This is a self-paced program for the “experienced” candidate.
If additional study time, hands-on training, and extensive instructional direction are needed, a candidate should consider enrolling in the full nursing assistant program. AP students must meet the same outcomes as regular students on all examinations and skill performance demonstrations.
Upon registration, student will receive an email with link to ACE Entrance exam and Distance Learning information that can be started immediately.
Acceptance to the AP program requires meeting either of the two criteria:
- Candidates with at least one-year full-time employment in the direct provision of health care within the past five years. Contact us to determine your specific eligibility.
- Students who have successfully completed course work that included direct patient care experiences in allied health, medicine or nursing in the past five years.
- Pass a pre-admission exam consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions with a minimum score of 80%.
- The candidate will have 1 hour to complete the exam
- The exam is completed at the school and proctored by school personnel
- Tuberculosis clearance within past 8 months
- Current CPR (not scheduled to expire within 4 months) or you must obtain one before being scheduled for clinicals.